Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dinner Date Dance!

I'm in charge of the dances at the Institute. Last Friday, we had an awesome dinner and date dance. We usually have between 400-600 people that come to the date dances. (Way less than the 2500+ at the regular dances.) We decided to have dinner so we ordered food for about this many people. Friday morning, I found out that 500 tickets had been given out, (that's 1000 people, not including people who would show up at the door.) We had to scramble and make a huge Costco run that afternoon. The dance turned out great. Everybody dressed up in their formals, which was so fun. The gym was decorated in a Hollywood theme so it looked great. We had a delicious lasagne dinner, and we even had a live 16 piece band! Everybody absolutely loved it! It was quite a success! The Institute Director told me it was the best activity that has ever been held in that building.

First Picture: A bunch of friends from council.


Second Picture: Shalyn and me right before the dance.


Third Picture: My date Kyle and me. I was sitting the arm rest so I look like a giant! Sadly this is the best picture I have of us right now!

1 comments:

The Grays said...

You look just like Belle! Great job putting the dance all together. I'm sure you had an awesome time. Cute blog! Thanks